Nikkei Inc. will handle personal information in accordance with this policy. This policy applies to all websites which link to this policy.
1. Personal information we collect
Nikkei may collect the following personal information.
- When you access our website, we may collect:
- Usage of the website --- such as a history of pages viewed on the website
- Access environment --- such as IP address, browser and the type of device you are using to access the website
- When you make enquiries to us, we may collect:
- Basic information --- such as name and title
- Contact information --- such as address, phone number and email address
- Work information --- such as job title, industry, department and company name
- Other details about you --- to be specified when we collect
2. How we use your personal information
Nikkei will use your personal information for the following main purposes:
To respond to your enquiries and other requests.
To improve, maintain our services
- help us to develop new services and products
- conduct research or a survey on topics such as your satisfaction regarding the products and services we offer.
- For sales and marketing of our services
3. Who we provide your personal information to
- Nikkei will provide personal information to some third parties to facilitate the running of our business or to provide specific services you have requested. Generally, Nikkei will provide personal information to:
Service providers Nikkei engages service providers who help to support its business and marketing. They can only use your personal information under Nikkei’s instruction.
Nikkei group Nikkei will jointly use your personal information with Nikkei group companies as stipulated in clause 7.
- Nikkei may also provide your personal information to relevant third parties to:
- comply with applicable laws, court orders or other valid legal processes
- protect and defend Nikkei’s rights, assets and properties
- protect the safety, asset or property of you or the public
We have appropriate technical and administrative security measures in place to help ensure that your personal information is protected against unauthorized or accidental access, use, alteration or loss. To protect your personal information from being intercepted, obstructed or tampered with and to ensure the security of our service, Nikkei uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology when important information such as credit card details are being entered.
5. Transfer of personal information
As the internet is a global environment, collecting and processing personal information may involve international transmission of such information, including outside of Japan. Therefore, by communicating electronically with Nikkei, you acknowledge and agree to your personal information being processed in this way.
6. Children under 16
Nikkei does not intentionally collect any information on children under 16 years of age. Nikkei will undertake to delete any such information if notified by a parent or guardian.
7. Joint use by Nikkei group companies
Nikkei will jointly use your personal information with Nikkei group companies.
The range of personal information that will be jointly used will be identical to the range stipulated in clause 1, “Personal information we collect.”
Nikkei group companies listed here will jointly use your personal information.
The purpose of joint use will be the same as stipulated in clause 2, “How we use your personal information.”
Nikkei will be responsible for the management of joint use.
8. Point of contact for personal information/personal data enquiries
For enquiries about your personal information (or personal data) as specified by the Personal Information Protection Law in Japan or any other laws and regulations applicable, contact us.
Nikkei Inc. Head Office: 1-3-7 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8066, Japan Mail: email@example.com
Nikkei may also handle your personal information in ways other than stated above when Nikkei, as a Japanese company, is required to comply with the Personal Information Protection Law in Japan or other laws and/or regulations where applicable.
10. Handling of personal data of EEA residents
Clause 10 shall apply only to the handling of personal data of users residing in the European Economic Area (EEA), in addition to clauses 1 to 9.
1. Handling of personal data
We always process personal data on a lawful basis, such as:
Your consent This is when you have given us explicit permission to process your personal data for a given purpose.
Legitimate business purposes This is when we have a legitimate interest, as a business, to process personal data. For example, when we are aware of copyright infringements, it is in our legitimate interests as a business to identify those responsible. We take due care to balance our interests against your right to privacy.
2. Cross border transfers
Personal data may be transferred to countries or jurisdictions outside the EEA such as Japan. Please note that such countries or jurisdictions may not have the same data protection laws as the EEA and would not afford many of the rights conferred upon you in the EEA. We will put in place reasonable safeguards to protect information that is transferred in this way.
3. Your rights
You have the right to access your personal data, request to delete your personal data, request to limit and/or object to the processing of your personal data, and request data portability with regards to your personal data.
When Nikkei receives a request based on the rights specified above, Nikkei shall respond to such requests without undue delay.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before withdrawal of the consent.
You can contact us to exercise the above rights. You can lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority if you have a complaint regarding Nikkei’s processing of your personal data.
4. Retention of personal data
11. Handling of personal data of California residents
Clause 11 shall apply only to the handling of personal data of users residing in California in addition to clauses 1 to 9.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides you with additional rights regarding the use of your personal information.
These rights include:
- The right to access the personal information we process about you;
- The right to know what personal information is collected about you;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal information;
- The right to opt out from the sale of your personal information, if applicable;
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights above.
CCPA permits you to request access to and deletion of your personal information and requires us to ensure so that you can control certain information transfers deemed to be a “sale” under CCPA.
1. You may be unable to see certain parts of our website after choosing to disable cookies.
Nikkei and/or service providers may send data known as cookies to your device when you access our website. This data will be saved on your hard disk or memory. Cookies are used for purposes like monitoring our website performance. If you choose to disable cookies, certain parts of our website will not be available.
2. Opting out of cookies through your browser
Established on 12. 7, 2018 Revised on 7. 3, 2020